A. Coworking is a collaborative form of working, where individuals work on their own businesses and projects in a shared environment. We refer to coworking as being “productive together”.
Fuse SPC is a Social Purpose Corporation (one of only about 100 in the state and possibly the first SPC in the Tri-Cities). As a Social Purpose Corporation, we keep in mind our social purpose when making business decisions. Unlike a traditional corporation, we do not exist primarily to make money for our shareholders (who are all members of the Tri-Cities community).
Back in 2014, a group of 35 freelancers, remote workers, entrepreneurs, and business professionals met at StartUp Weekend and made meaningful connections putting their ideas into action. That experience triggered something powerful and the group agreed that they needed to keep the momentum going. So they formed Fuse, a co-working space that brings together a variety of educational backgrounds and skill sets into a shared environment. This dynamic allows for a constant exchange of ideas and knowledge-sharing that is truly unique. Fuse is ultimately people coming together to create something new, from business start-ups to community events.
Tri-Cities Launch is an accelerator program consisting of multiple pipelines for business development. Tri-Cities Launch raises the level of entrepreneurial aptitude in the community by fostering those innovators and entrepreneurs not typically well-supported in small-community ecosystems. The Launch programs link great ideas to resources, mentors, and investors. Since its inception in 2014, Tri-Cities Launch has hosted 438 participants, formed 128 business teams, created 84 new companies and over 400 jobs.
Tri-Conf is an annually held multi-day barcamp style conference, it is truly an event for the community by the community, and creates an atmosphere that is ripe for new connections and ideas. The format is grassroots and crowdsourced -- participants gather on the Wednesday before the conference weekend to nominate topics, talks, and speakers using giant poster boards and sticky notes, then vote on the talks they want to hear most. Event organizers tally the results and build the schedule, culminating in two full days of 20 minute talks on a variety of categories—from art and tech, to community outreach, business ownership, and life hacks.
There’s lots of ways:
- Attend an event
- Sponsor an event
- Become a mentor in the ecosystem
- Host an event
- Sign-up for “Community Membership”
- “Like” our Facebook page and engage on social media
- Become a Business Partner
- We also love to talk and present to many groups, including rotary’s, chambers, councils, boards, pretty much anywhere!
Super-fast reliable Internet
- Fuse has hard-wired (Ethernet) connections, as well as access to Wi-Fi. Private IP addresses and server storage are available at an additional cost.
CONFERENCE ROOM TIME
- All plans include a monthly credit allocation that can be used to reserve both conference rooms and workspaces. Reservations can be made online or on-the-go via the Passport mobile app.
FUSE MEMBER NETWORK
- Connect with other members through our online community. You can ask questions, share stories, announce product launches and other good news, invite others to events, promote your job listings, or simply find someone to grab a beer with. It’s a great way to start meaningful relationships with creative entrepreneurs and business leaders.
- Dedicated Desks include a desk and chair. Private Offices may include desks, chairs, and lockable filing cabinets at an additional cost.
- Each Fuse floor has at least one multi-function copier/scanner/printer. Dedicated Desks and Private Offices come with monthly credit allocations specific to your office size.
AMENITIES AND EXTRAS
- Two full-kitchens, coffee bar, Fuse Snack & Beverage store, Private Shower Room, soft seating, privacy chairs, you’ll find that Fuse has a fun mix of amenities.
UNIQUE, EXCITING EVENTS
- Fuse is a community of up-and-comers, industry leaders and innovative entrepreneurs. Meet and connect with like-minded people and companies at our weekly and monthly events.Check out some of our past events to learn more!
- Access to our digital Member Network, events and services - perfect for people who wish to connect with our global community but only need one day of coworking a month.
- This plan includes 4 hours of podcast studio time. Additional reservations for conference rooms and photo studio may always be made for an additional fee.
- HOT DESK
- A shared workspace in a common area. When you purchase a Hot Desk, there is no need to reserve a particular workspace in advance each day; you can come and go as needed and use any available desk.
- This plan includes access to our digital Member Network, events and services, 24/7 keycard access to the building, as well as 8 hours in the podcast studio, 10-hours monthly credit for for reserving conference rooms.
- FIXED DESK
- An assigned desk space in a large open area or enclosed office shared with other members. This dedicated space comes with a lockable filing cabinet for your personal belongings. Desktops may be set up and left overnight.
- This plan includes access to our digital Member Network, events and services, 24/7 keycard access at your primary building, as well as 8 hours in the podcast studio and 20-hours monthly credits for reserving conference rooms.
- PRIVATE OFFICE
- A fully enclosed, lockable office space. Your company can add on more offices as you grow.
- This plan includes access to our digital Member Network, events and services, 24/7 keycard access at your primary building, as well as monthly credits for reserving conference rooms and studios.
- HOT DESK
All membership plans begin the day you sign up and are billed monthly on the 1st. Dedicated Desk policy requires a 60-day notice of vacancy; Private Office policy requires a 90-day notice of vacancy. Dedicated Desk and Private Office members must move out on the last day of the month, allowing new members to move in on the 1st of the month. If this day lands on a weekend, arrangements will be made accordingly.
Yes! Our flexible month-to-month commitment provides you with the stability of an office along with the flexibility you need to grow your business. Fuse also offers longer term commitments; call us at 509-572-3340 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you’re looking to schedule a start date on a longer timeline, please speak with our Sales & Communications Coordinator, Haley McLaughlin. She’s happy to discuss potential options with you.
Tours must be scheduled in advance. This ensures our availability and helps our team focus on helping you choose the best Fuse space. Schedule a tour here https://fusespc.com/schedule-a-tour/
Every office is uniquely designed and total square footage differs. Each office provides more than enough room for a small team to work comfortably. Schedule a tour to check it out for yourself!
Phone service is currently only available for Private Offices.
All membership plans include a monthly credit allocation that can be used for both color and black & white prints and copies. After you have used your allotted printing credits, you are free to keep printing and copying at additional costs – see below for more details. Credits do not rollover from month to month.
Dedicated Desk and Private Office memberships include mail and package handling. All other membership plans--Community, Hot Desk, Educator, etc--do offer for mail and package handling as a nominal add-on to your base membership. Virtual Office membership is strictly a mail forwarding service that also includes access to our digital Member Network.
No, we are unable to support multiple mailing addresses for one account.
All plans include a monthly reservation credit allocation that can be used to reserve conference rooms and studio space. After you have used your monthly conference room and studio space credits, you are free to make additional reservations at an additional cost. Credits do not rollover from month to month.
Reservations vary depending on the size of room and length of reservation.
You can make a reservation for a conference room or studio space via either the Fuse website (fusespc.com) or on the Passport app. From there, you’ll be able to select available rooms based on the time, resource, and length of the reservation.
For both workspace and conference room reservations, we have a first-come, first-served policy and recommend making a reservation as early as possible to guarantee availability.
Fuse has a small conference room on the main floor (“The Vault”) that accommodates 6-8. There is a medium conference downstairs ("The Cave") that is convertible into a classroom, it accommodates 8-12. There is a large conference (Talky Classroom) that is convertible into a classroom on the second floor that accommodates 20-25.
Fuse has lots of mixed-use spaces where you can find your comfort level of co-working! From adjustable height desks, to comfy couches, to cafe height bar stools, to uber-private modular chairs, you’ll find a space to fit your style. In most designated work areas you’ll find shared common space where you are working side-by-side with other Fuse members. You’ll have ample space to set up your laptop for the day, a power port and Wi-Fi. In addition, you also have access to a host of amenities specific to the building.
Workspaces cannot be reserved, they are on a first-come, first-serve basis
You may edit a conference room or studio space reservation up to one hour (60 minutes) before your meeting.
You can edit your reservations both via the Fuse website and on the Passport app.
Yes, a Fuse member can book a conference room or podcast studio space 24/7. At this time, non-members only have access to conference rooms and podcast studio space from Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM local time.
Nope! But it is a first-come, first-serve basis.
To register guests, please log on to the Fuse website or the Passport app. You may register as many guests as allotted for the particular conference room, including yourself.
At this time, we do not offer the option for Members to have guests in our common area workspaces. If you would like to have a guest work with you for the day, you are welcome to reserve a conference room or they may purchase a day pass from the Fuse website, Passport app, or on-site.
Yes, and you are responsible for your guest while they are visiting Fuse.
Membership may be paid for via ACH (auto withdrawal), credit card or cash. If paying with cash, please make arrangements with our Sales & Communications Coordinator.
Yes. Fuse requires a deposit equal to one month (1 month) of your Office rental rate.
Members with Private Offices are required to give 90-days notice to move out or transfer offices. All other memberships are required to give 30-days notice to move out or stop monthly payments. Move out forms must be submitted by the last business day of the month prior to vacating. Example: If a member wants to move out on August 31st, they must give notice to Fuse on July 31st. Memberships can be cancelled at any time online via the Account Manager on the Fuse website (insert link), but please note that cancellations take effect on the last day of the current month. There are no prorated refunds issued for cancellations of Hot Desk and Fuse Membership membership plans.